Friday, January 14, 2011

Flying

On our way, driving quite fast,
Oh!-but how many cars we pass,
We've got to get there in the next hour-
But we know that things are out of our power
In an hour I need to be flying,
Or to home I will sit driving;
Not much time left, but I think we'll just make it
Don't drive to fast, or we may get a ticket;
 "Wait!- but what's that way up ahead"
"it's a traffic jam", my brother said;

The red lights blink, and my heart sinks.

"You plan and you try, and you try and you plan, and then you hit a traffic jam."
- Last quote coined by Scott Harris on January the 13th, 2011

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no David! I'm so sorry! We are praying for you!
Sarah Cooking-ham ;)

David Fiore said...

Well, David -- The Lord has his purposes in everything. And while we may never know the 'why', we can always be sure that there is one.

Unknown said...

And alas we missed the flight, by minutes ever so slight.
The rest of the quip - Scott