Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Spilled for You - Poem


I was substitute teaching on Monday and ended up waiting around for awhile because I only had two periods, so I penned this while waiting, meditating on subjects like guilt, remorse, faith and grace. Hope it blesses you!

Self justified in evil deeds
Ignorant of others' needs
So often this is who I've been
A man who sinful passion feeds
My past cries out:
"Justice be done!"
"Let Hell consume this wicked son!"
This voice comes not from up above
Not from the courts of Heaven's love
But from the wretched Devil's mouth
To fill me up with fear and doubt
Regret is my unwanted friend
He tells me I should make an end
"For you sufficient grace is lacking"
"Take your life, no more contend"
"For what is life but just missed chances"
"chances gone and and lost romances"
These thoughts not from wisdom's advice
but foolishness and futile vice
The only way to conquer this:
Focus on His promises.
"My grace, sufficient for you, believe!"
"For peace and rest you have received"
"Judgment no more awaits your soul"
"For My great love has made you whole"
"You're not defined by things gone through"
"for My own blood was spilled for you"

No comments: